Our faculty was again very successful at the last board meeting. The following proposals were approved:
- the new SFB "Taming Complexity in Partial Differential Systems" (speaker Stefanelli; Markowich, Mauser, Perugia, Schmeiser, TU Wien, IST),
- the extension of the SFB "Algorithmic and Enumerative Combinatorics" (speaker Krattenthaler; Fischer, TU Wien, JKU Linz, RICAM),
- the extension of the doctoral programme "Dissipation and Dispersion in Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations (Mauser, Perugia, Schmeiser, Stefanelli, Teschl, TU Wien),
- a new bilateral project with Belgium "Automorphisms of Nilpotent Groups and Geometric Structures" (Burde) and
- a new stand-alone project "Optimal Shapes of Crystal Interfaces" (Piovano).